Travelling by Public Bus to and from Puerto Viejo
- If arriving at San José airport, you can arrange taxi to prebuy your ticket and meet you at airport and take you to bus station. Click here for all details.
- Watch your bags very carefully in Bus Stations and at bus stops. Do not leave bags unattended.
- If bags are in overhead on bus, don’t leave them unattended during road stop if you get off the bus. Bags underneath are not usually a problem as they know “the good stuff” is in carry-on.
- From San Jose to Puerto Viejo is assigned seating. Drivers side (left side) is best for Ocean Views when you get to the coast.
- Returning to San Jose is not assigned seating, so as soon as you see bus arriving, make your way to front of the line in effort get good seat. If there are two of you, one store luggage and other one get in line and reserve 2 seats.
- There is no bathroom on these buses. But they do make a couple stops along the way.
- For bus schedules and other general information, click here.